Sunday, July 22, 2012

I Scream You Scream We All Scream for Ice Cream

As hot as it has been and still is I thought an ice cream bar card would be appropriate.  We are supposed to hit a high of 104 degrees today.  Yikes!  It has been like this for a month with no end in sight and no rain for a month either.  The farmers fields are dying and people are wilting.  Anyway back to my card. The ice cream treats was a stamp sent that was brought to Des Moines when I went on my stamping retreat in June.  I paper pieced the ice cream for a little more interest.  I colored the cone and sticks with my Copic markers and then used a sun from my stash.  I also sponged around the edges of the green layer. 

Wherever you are, stay cool!

Until next time, Happy trails to you....

Sheri

7 comments:

  1. Hi Sheri, thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your cards, and you received Julie's candy, lucky you! I admire Julie's work too. I love your card especially with it being so hot! Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, Sheri - love the fun papers you chose for your piecing. Glad you liked the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that stamp and glad I stamped off some of them as well. You used a great variety of papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the same here. Lots of sun and no relief in sight. Your card is so cute. That's what I've been living on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a YUMMY card!!! Love the papers and the sun you added. Great choice of choosing a "cool treat" to share.....glad they didn't MELT...smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the weather is lovely here just nice and warm not too hot...your card is fabulously summery
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet! I love the paper piecing, nicely done and just perfect for a hot day
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete