Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Brrrr it is Cold Outside

I am sure hoping this is my last frigid card for the year!  I love making them but don't like going outside!  I used a stencil and embossing paste for the snow falling.  I colored the snowman with my Copic markers, used dies for the snowdrifts and then die cut the words twice and off set them just a tad so it looks like the red is just behind the white color.  I really had fun making this one for a friend.  It was for a red and white swap card! 

On a side note, I am having a bathroom remodeled and it has been a month since they started.  I am seeing the end coming now.  The tile and floor are in and it looks like a bathroom!  Can't wait to see the finished room.  I think they will immediately start on the second bathroom then.  By the time they are done, I may be ready for the funny farm!  I am anxious to have a friend come and stay with me and can't until I have a bathroom and bedroom for her.  The bedroom is holding all of the stuff from the bathroom.  My daughter saw the bedroom and said she was calling for help!  Looks like I am a hoarder!  Hard to cram 2 rooms into one.  Especially when I have a big linen closet to unload!  Soon very soon I will have one done.

Until next time, happy trails to you...

Sheri

7 comments:

  1. What a cute and wonderful card, Sheri! Love all the red and white, and I love the double die-cut sentiment. The embossing paste was a great touch, too. Can't wait for your bathrooms to be done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, fun card! I like the way you made the words "pop" with a shadow! I haven't used embossing paste yet but I look forward to giving it a try. So much to still learn but that's half the fun. Thanks for sharing!
    Glad the end of the first bathroom project is in sight. Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woonderful card - and I love how you did the sentiment! I know the bathroom will be ready for me in June! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww such a cute card! I can't wait to see your before and after's. I don't think the girls have to worry about it until your stuff starts moving on it's own. ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this card, Sheri! It is so cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheri, this is the best happy Christmas card! I love the red and white and the offset words, but I really, really love that adorable snowman. Can you tell me who makes it?

    Good luck with the remodel! I've been through it and know how it can be! You'll have it done in plenty of time for Harriet's visit!! Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked this snowman so much I had to get him too! Really like what you have done with it!

    ReplyDelete