Tuesday, January 18, 2011

To The Moon and Back


I had so much fun making this card. My friend Georgia gave me some of these cut out cards and I couldn't wait to play with them. I dug out my Pure Innocence Naptime stamp and colored her on white PIT paper with my Copics. I paper pieced her jammies with a scrap of paper out of my scrapbox. Ok, so now I need a moon. I found a sun I have had for years. It is by All Night Media and called Mary Sunshine. I then cut a circle out with my Nestibililities and colored the face of the sunshine directly onto the stamp and stamped it on the circle. Ahha! Perfect! So I added that and then found the sentiment on another Pure Innocence set. Now I just need a little girl to give it to. My only granddaughter is 21 so would probably not appreciate it. All of the rest of them are boys and I know they wouldn't like it. Hmmmm maybe one of my daughters??? Or maybe I will just keep it and gaze at it. I think it is one of my favorites.

Until next time... Happy trails to you!!

Sheri

7 comments:

  1. Oh Sheri, this is way cute, I think I would have to keep this one. I love the little story you told with the quote. Really sweet, sweet card, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable, Sheri - I can see why you love it! Great paper piecing, cute image, fun card from Georgia to start with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Sheri this is over the top adorable! Great work with the moon and I love that window style card!! I'd have a hard time parting with this cutie too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally adorable, how sweet Sheri, love the photo with the bear, a very nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute. We should look at new ways to use our stamps. I love the paper piecing, something totry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved to hear how this card got it's beginning....LOL The best ideas come from the simplest things! This card is SO ADORABLE...you did an AWESOME job on it! Keep it and ENJOY it!!!

    ReplyDelete