Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fall has arrived in Nebraska



First and foremost, I have to thank my friend Eulanda for the blog header. I keep forgetting to do that until way after I post. So sorry Eulanda. I really do like it!

Fall has finally hit Nebraska. We have our new furnace turned on, the leaves are falling very fast now and the colors are spectacular this year. The temperatures will seem very fallish later this week but not quite yet. Yesterday was 75 degrees and today will be 70. But by the end of the week they are talking highs in the 50's. Oh how I hate to see it get cold but I guess the sooner it does, the sooner it will get warm again. Football is another indicator of the fall weather and our Nebraska Cornhuskers won yesterday which makes me so happy.

For my card today, I used PTI base paper and put glitters leaf stickers on it and the popped my jar up on top of the leaves. Of course I colored with my Copics and the jar is from PaperTreyInk.

Our little Lucy turned 2 on Friday. Good heavens, that really flew by quickly. I am posting a picture of how I found her when I had to return to the bedroom the other morning before going to work. She woke up but not for very long. By the time I left the room, she was sleeping again.

I am reading a very good book by Nicholas Sparks called Safe Haven. It is his newest one and well worth picking up. Oh so good. Next I plan to read The Art of Racing in the Rain. Supposedly it is a book about a dog and very very good. Anyone read it yet?

Until next time, Happy trails to you.

Sheri

7 comments:

  1. Once again, I LOVE the way you highlighted your card with the real leaves for a BG! Your card really shows up beautifully...and of course the way you filled the jar, ROCKS!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCY!!!! She is so ADORABLE in the photo! Thanks for sharing it with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous Fall card, love it nestled amongst the leaves . . . nature's background. Your little "Lucy" is quite a little lady . . . if you tire of her, you can send her my way . . . LOL . . . she's totally adorable. I think Baxter would be a perfect boyfriend, he's 3. He's "fixed" so no worry about strange looking little beasties . . . .LOL . . . he's a Dachshund.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Sheri - it just blends right in! Cute picture of Lucy, too! Happy Birthday to her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sheri! the pic of Lucy is SO cute - and of course, I LOVE your fall card! Fall is my favorite time of year just because of all the brilliant colors.

    I have read "The Art of Racing in the Rain." It is an excellent book, the dog has a bit of a "potty mouth," but it wasn't too offensive for me. It is a sad book though, but very interesting, written from the dog's point of view! I think you will enjoy it!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun post to read today Sheri! I love your fall card and the news about the weather in Nebraska! Lucy is just so cute and tell her Happy Birthday from me and Stormy, Teddy and Piper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great background for your card, Sheri! Using leaves for cards is a lot of fun. I love the different colors. Fall has definitely arrived here, too! What a cute picture of Lucy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwww Lucy is so cute!! 2 years?! Really?!! I remember when you brought her home. Wow!! Your card looks so pretty and especially set up in the leaves like that. Wow!

    ReplyDelete