Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sympathy


Sometimes we have to make a card we don't want to make. It happened to me this last week, I needed a sympathy card for a friend who lost her father. I think when we make them we are taking the time to think of the person who is gone and of their family. Sometimes I think of funny things that they have done or ways they have touched my life and sometimes I pray while I am making the card. Pray for the family that is left behind, pray for the soul of the person winging his or her way to Heaven. With that said, here is the card I made for my friend

I used Just Rite Stamper stamps and DP paper from my stash. I embossed the oval with gold embossing powder. And the ribbon is from a local store.

It is still snowy here in Nebraska. In fact we had another storm come through this last week and we were out of school another 3 days. It has been bitterly cold however today is a whopping 27 degrees and we are ready to go out in short sleeves and shorts! It feels so nice outside. Well, maybe not quite that nice but lots better than what we have been seeing for the last few weeks.

I was so lucky to have won some awesome blog candy lately. First from Scrap Bitz (http://scrapbitz.blogspot.com/) I won an awesome fantabulous 12 x 12 Tonic paper cutter. Oh how I love it! Also included was an 6x6 Basic grey paper pad called Sugar Rush. What amazing papers! Thanks so much! Then I won some designer paper from Paper Pleasing Ideas (http://paperpleasing.typepad.com/). I am waiting on its arrival but it will be wonderful I am sure. Finally I won an Olympic scarf from Tanya at Stampers Ink (http://www.stampersink.net/). It should be here tomorrow so I will be wearing it by tomorrow night! Thank you all. I still can't believe it! I have entered to win blog candy forever and never won anything. All of a sudden I won three things in a row! Perhaps I should buy a lottery ticket!

Until next time, Happy Trails to You

Sheri

7 comments:

  1. Nice card Sheri. I'm sorry about the death of your friend's dad, though.

    Congrats on all of your blog candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheri,
    What a beautiful card. I agree with you - kind thoughts & prayers are always there when making sympathy cards.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just LOVE this card. It's so elegant. Sorry to hear about your friend's father. Poor lady.
    Enjoy your blog candy when you get it!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your caard, but for such a sad reason. Woo Hoo on winning all the goodies too!! The weather sure has been wild this winter. I sure hope there isn't any flooding when it all melts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sympathy card is very beautiful - so sorry you needed to make one! Wow congrats on all that blog candy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so very beautiful, though I'm sorry for the need to make it. Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete