Saturday, April 14, 2012

Happy Birthday

Happy Saturday! Well, I meant to add these birthday cards earlier in the week but life got in the way. My friend, Georgia had a birthday last Saturday and her family had a surprise party for her. Well, I sent her a card in the mail with the promise that I would get over to her house later with her gift. That is the card with the flowers. That image is from GinaK and colored with my Copics. I popped it up and left the flowers on the lower part. I thought it came out nice for someone who loves flowers. Then for her party I used a Mo Manning image and made the adorable little girl with the static in her hair. I just adore her. Isn't she funny? Again I colored her with my Copics and added some bling as well. This has been quite a week. On Thursday morning I got a call from my granddaughter and she said her twin brother had gone to the hospital in the middle of the night for a kidney transplant. Yippee! He has been waiting for 2 1/2 years for it. He is doing well and feeling better already! The kids are only 22 years old so he has a long life ahead of him. We are expecting strong storms today and tonight. They are saying there it is very possible for tornadoes to form. If you are in the midwest, stay safe, my friends! Until next time, happy trails to you :) Sheri

8 comments:

  1. Wow these are so beautiful!!!! The first one is so adorable and the second one very elegant!!!! Fabulous work on both!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great job on the cards. And glad to hear your grandson is going to be getting a transplant.

      Delete
  2. Lovely cards, both Of them!!!! Especially love the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both awesome cards, Sheri, and I'm sure Georgia LOVED them both! I'm especially fond of the flower one. Best wishes and continued prayers for Matthew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the tornadoes missed you last night!!! Georgia was lucky to get two of your great cards for her birthday......one so cute and the other so pretty! Love the way you did the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable cards! Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on both cards, Sheri!! Love the jeweled swirl on the little girl card... I am sure Georgia was happy to be the recipient of both cards :-)

    ReplyDelete