Sunday, November 13, 2011

Believe


My daughter grew up with a girl and they were best friends for years. They ended up moving to Arizona when she was about 16 or 17. The girls have stayed in touch all of these years and we just found out that her daughter who is just 15 years old has stage 4 cancer of the bone and lung. The prognosis is grim but we know that prayer changes things and that God has her in His hands. I would like to ask you to pray for Katie. She is way to young to be so sick.

My card was made from a set from Verve called Believe. I saw this before I bought the set but don't remember where. I stamped the flowers on PTI white cardstock and embossed with white embossing powder. I just rubbed ink over it when I was finished. Very very simple.

We had a full weekend. Today was yard work but first went to brunch with our daughter, son in law and grandsons. The boys came home with us and helped us in the yard. We really enjoy having them. They are such goofs and they keep us laughing all of the time.

I hope you have a wonderful week!

Until next time, Happy trails to you...

Sheri

8 comments:

  1. I will keep Katie in my prayers. This is a neat technique and I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little prayers going up for that girl. I love the card, gonna have to try it. It's been nice here but rain is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sheri, that is so sad. your right things like this shouldn't happen to a child or anyone for that matter. hoping that she gets better. sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very sad Sheri, I will keep her in my prayers. Your card is very lovely
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  5. might be simple but it's beautiful Sheri!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, Sheri! I do like that technique, and need to use it again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sheri I read this awhile ago but just sat there sad for a minute for all her family and her and never got a chance to say something. Jeez! Well on the other side of things your card turned out so pretty!! I like this technique and very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete